College Preparation - Livi Hartman
Meet Livi, she graduated from Mayflower in 2013 and is now at Iowa State studying music education.
Here are some ways that Mayflower helped prepare her for college.
"I think Mayflower has affected my life in that I feel much stronger in my faith coming to college. The school gave a very good foundation for my faith and for that I will forever be grateful! Coming to college no one really knows what the spiritual environment will be like. However, being at Iowa State and getting to know people I’m starting to realize that more people are willing to hear what you have to say about God and how He’s affected my life. Without Mayflower my discipleship wouldn’t be as strong! Going off on your own to a new place can often cause people to questions what they believe. For me, it drove me deeper in the Word to better see things with Christ at the focus. Mayflower has put a great impact on my life and I will never forget my experiences!"
Here are 7 things that can help the transition for a Christian going to college:
1. Find a Christian community as soon as you can, if you can't find on, make one
2. Find a church- try out a couple, don't just stick with the first one you try
3. Get involved in a small group
4. Patience is key- not everything happens right away
5. Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but rather of yourself less
6. Be involved, but don't over commit
7. Trust God for your future
Livi is currently working at a church camp for families as a counselor in Minnesota. She also leads a small group during the school year for Salt Company, one of the campus ministry groups at Iowa State.